A business development executive is responsible for researching and pursuing new business leads for the growth of the organization. The role involves active coordination across teams and demands exceptional inter-personal skills. The executive is expected to work on new business proposals and presentations which are a persuasive representation of an organisations products/services. The role of a Business Development Executive is to assist the organisations sales and growth efforts by contributing to new customer acquisition. He/she should be able to provide ideas to attract new clients and keep the senior management updated about marketplace and competitor activity.
- Build contacts with potential clients to create new business opportunities.
- Keep prospective client database updated.
- Make cold calls for new business leads, when required.
- Support in writing new business proposals.
- Maintain knowledge of all service offerings of the company.
- Follow company guidelines and procedures for acquisition of customers and leads.
- Must possess strong customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must have good negotiation skills.
- Must be able to create good presentations.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented and an active listener.
- Ability to work under pressure.